If you just got a pocket wifi and you hate being tied up to any network plans and just kinda wanna stick with your network’s prepaid services, then this quick tutorial might somehow enlighten you.
I made a quick video tutorial on how you would be able to register your prepaid pocket wifi without the hassle of putting your sim card on and off a certain phone just to get yourself registered.
If you don’t have time to watch the video, you may opt to follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have your pocket wifi and wifi device ( phone or tablet) turned on.
- Search/Scan for your pocket wifi network and connect your device by hitting on “Connect”
- Technically, you’ll be asked for a password before you get yourself connected. You can find the default password at the back panel of your pocket wifi (remove the back cover, and im pretty sure it’s there)
- Now, once you get connected. Find a browser on your device and type in this url ( wireless gateway login) http://192.168.1.1 then hit on enter.
- To login, use the default username “admin” and the default password should also be “admin”
- Once logged in, setup your wifi setting by hitting on the “Settings” tab
- For Globe users, use a “Static” APN and key in http.globe.com.ph
- For Suncellular users, use “minternet” for the APN
- For Smart users, key in “internet”
- Customize your profile name to whatever you want.
- To make your pocket wifi secure, enter your desired password. Make sure to choose “WPA-PSK” for the 802.1 Authentication; and “TKIP” for the encryption then hit next
- Then after saving your settings, Go to “SMS” tab and type in your preferred network’s registration request. On my case, I am using a Smart Bro Internet so I did type in 211 with a content of UNLI50. Once you receive the confirmation, you can now go ahead and enjoy surfing!